I have adapted her recipe with what I had in my pantry.
Coral Velvet Cupcakes
12 ounces unsalted butter
15.75 ounces granulated sugar
3 large eggs
12 ounces sour cream
.5 ounces red food color
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
14 ounces all purpose flour
.75 ounces cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350F , line 3 cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time until combined = A
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, food color and vanilla extract = B
- In a medium bowl sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt = C
- In mixing bowl A add 1/2 of B, until combined. Then add 1/2 of C combine and repeat with remaining B and C.
- Bake 350F 15 - 20 minutes.
- Cool, decorate and enjoy!!!
See post below for a picture of a decorated Coral Velvet Cupcake.