Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blog Inspired Coral Velvet Cupcake Recipe

I think I have found a great recipe for red velvet cupcakes, a big thank you to wonderful Rianne for her inspiration! The original recipe is from Rianne's captivating blog :

http://artofdessert.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-red-velvet-valentine.html

I have adapted her recipe with what I had in my pantry.


Coral Velvet Cupcakes
A
12 ounces unsalted butter
15.75 ounces granulated sugar
3 large eggs
B
12 ounces sour cream
.5 ounces red food color
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
C
14 ounces all purpose flour
.75 ounces cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350F , line 3 cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
  1. In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time until combined = A
  2. In a small bowl combine sour cream, food color and vanilla extract = B
  3. In a medium bowl sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt = C
  4. In mixing bowl A add 1/2 of B, until combined. Then add 1/2 of C combine and repeat with remaining B and C.
  5. Bake 350F 15 - 20 minutes.
  6. Cool, decorate and enjoy!!!

See post below for a picture of a decorated Coral Velvet Cupcake.

2 comments:

Dina said...

I have been a bit intimidated by red velvet cake but I am going to try your recipe. Wish me luck!

Dina
Organizer
NYC Cake Decorators Meetup
http://www.meetup.com/new-york-city-cake-decorators

The Fancy Lady said...

finally a red velvet without vinegar! ill have to try this sometime

Related Posts with Thumbnails